1. Vasanth Kumar and H.S. Shetty, 1982. A new ear and kernel rot of maize caused by Trichoderma viride Pers. Ex Fries. Current Science, 51: 620-621.
2. Vasanth Kumar and H.S. Shetty, 1983. Seed-borne nature and transmission of –Botryodiplodia theobromae in maize (Zea mays L.) Seed Sci. & Technol. 11:781-789
3. Vasanth Kumar and H.S. Shetty, 1985. An ear and kernel rot of maize caused by Trichothecium roseum. Current Science, 54:486-487.
4. Vasantha Kumar and H.S. Shetty, 1986. Dry seed examination in maize, Int. J. Trop. Pl. Dis. 4:147-151.
5. Lokesha, S., Vasanth Kumar and H.S. Shetty, 1986. Effect of plant extracts on growth and sporulation of Aspergillus flavus, Pl. Dis. Res. 1:79-81.
6. Vasanth Kumar, Vasanthi, H.J., and Shetty, H.S., 1987. Relationship between bird damage and ear rots of maize, Pl. Dis. Res. 2:
7. Vasantha Kumar, Vasanthi, H.J. and Shetty, H.S. 1987. Effect of culture filtrate of Fusarium on seeds of maize, Seeds & Farms, 13:28-30.
8. Lokesha, S., Vasantha Kumar, and Shetty, H.S. 1987. Influence of relative humidity and growth media on aflatoxin production by Aspergillus flavus in maize, Geobios, 14: 137-140.
9. Lokesha, S. Vasantha Kumar, and Shetty, H.S. 1987. Effect of culture filtrate of Aspergillus flavus on seed mycoflora and seedling vigour in maize. Geobios New Reports.
10. Shameemunnisa, Vasantha Kumar and Shetty, H.S. 1987. Efficacy of systemic fungicide Metalaxyl against downy mildew of ridge gourd. Geobios.
11. Lokesha, S., Vasantha Kumar and Shetty, H.S. 1986. Effect of plant extracts on growth and sporulation of Aspergillus flavus. Pl. Dis. Res. 1:79-81.
12. Vasantha Kumar, Vasanthi, H.J. and Shetty, H.S. 1987. Detection, location, and transmission of Nigrospora oryzae, Int. J. Trop. Pl. Dis., 5: 153-163.
13. Shishupala, S., Vasantha Kumar, Tripathi, S.C., and Shetty, H.S. 1989. Effect of Akomin on Scleropora graminicola infection in Pearl Millet. Proc. Nat. Seminar on Advances in Seed Sci. and Technol. held at Univ. of Mysore Dec.14-16, 1989.
14. Hema., L.R., Shivanna, M.B., Vasantha Kumar, Krishnappa, M., Prakash, H.S. and Shetty, H.S. 1991. Control of seed-borne fungi in okra (Hibiscus esculentus) by fungicidal seed treatment, Ind. J. Agric. Sci. 61:778-782.
15. Vasantha Kumar, Vasanthi, H.S., Lokesha, S. And Shetty, H.S. 1992. Effect of chemical seed treatment on externally and internally seed-borne fungi, seed germination and seedling vigour. Int. J. Agric. Sci. 10:261-268.
16. Hema, L.R., Shivanna, M.B., Vasantha Kumar, and Shetty, H.S.1989. Occurrence of fungal pathogens on plants and seeds of okra and transmission of Botryodiplodia theobromae through seeds. Proc. Of Nat. Seminar on Advances in Seed Scie. and Technol. Held at Univ. of Mysore, Dec. 14-16. 1989, pages 307-310.
17. Nalini, M.S., VasanthKumar, M.S.Veena, M.Krishnappa, H.S.Shetty, C.N.Mortensen and S.B.Mathur. 1995. Bacterial spot of Tomato and its management. Technical Bulletin. Published jointly by University of Mysore, Mysore, India and Danish
Government Institute of Seed Pathology for Developing Countries, Copenhagen, Denmark.
18. Sumithra, K. Urs, Krishnappa, M., Vasanth Kumar, T. Shetty, H.S., Mortensen, C.N., and Mathur, S.B. 2000. Seed-borne nature of Ralstonia solanacearum in eggplant (Solanum melangena L.) cultivars in India. Seed Sci. & Technol., 28, 291-299.
19. Sudisha, T. Vasanth Kumar, S.R. Niranjana and H. Shekar Shetty, 2004. First report of gummy stem blight caused by Didymella bryoniae on muskmelon (Cucumis melo) in India. New Disease Reports.
20. Sathyanarayana, S.G., Lokesh, S., Vasanth Kumar, T. and Shetty, H.S. 2005. Role of Phytotonic-Dravya in the induction of resistance of Paddy to Bipolaris oryzae infection. Journal of Applied Sciences, 5(6): 1066-1070.
21. Mashooda Begum., Lokesh, S., Ravishankar, R.V., Shailaja, M.D., Vasanth Kumar, and Shetty, H.S. 2005. Evaluation of certain storage conditions for okra (Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench) seeds against potential fungal pathogens. Int. J. Agri. Bio. 4: 550-554.
22. Vinay B. Raghavendra., Lokesh, S, and Vasanth Kumar, T. 2005. First report of tuber-rot of safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) caused by Fusarium solani in India. Aus. Pl. Pathol. 34: 275-276.
23. Vinay B. Raghavendra., Lokesh, S., Vasanth Kumar, T, and Shetty, H.S. 2005. Compatibility of Phyton with common fungicides and their role in the yield of Safed Musli. World J of Agric Sci. 1(1): 62-64.